The weekend is almost here, so I thought it would be a good time to give you some tips for Junking at The Olde Farmhouse.
1. Gather your family & friends, it’s always fun to shop with someone!
2. Bring re-usable shopping bags. The Olde Farmhouse is all about re-using & re-cycling! If you purchase something big and bulky, most vendors are able to keep your purchases at their booth until you are done shopping. When I go junking, I like to snap pictures of the items I have bought and are leaving at a booth, so at the end of the day I can refresh my mind! Scroll through your pictures and make sure you have picked up everything.
3. Bring cash. Most vendors are cash sales only. Some do accept credit cards and there will be ATMs on site, just in case! Admission fee is cash only ($6 for one day or $8 for two) and exact change helps the line move faster 😉
4. Day 2 junking is as great as the first! Vendors usually restock and spotting that hidden treasure often happens on the second day! You can buy your 2 day junking pass for $8.
5. Bring a measuring tape & make notes of sizes and spaces at home that you are trying to find items for. You can never be too prepared!
6. The first 50 people in line on Saturday get a grab bag with some goodies! A little motivation to grab your coffee and get there early!!
7. The market gets quite busy, so if you are bringing your little one along with you it may be a good idea to leave the strollers at home. Strap that little munchkin to you and leave your hands free for grabbing those treasures!!
8. If you have loaded up on treasures that are heavy, you can drive your vehicle closer and load it up at the large item pick up. This is at the North West side of the building. Check your market map for the location.
9. If you found some treasures that you just can’t leave behind and you don’t have a vehicle large enough to take it home…we have the solution for you! Shop n Drop – Store to Door – Home Delivery Services will be waiting for your call! They will come to the market, load your purchase and deliver it to your home. All you have to do is call
604-518-3380 and for approximately $49.95 you don’t have to leave that treasure behind!!
10. All this junking can make you hungry! Tradex has their cafe services on site for you, to keep you fed and hydrated! (You can even purchase your parking pass from the cafe!) If you decide you want to take a break off site and then come back to the market, just get your hand stamped on the way out. The hand stamp also works for making those many trips to the car to unload your finds!
I hope these tips have helped you get prepared for this fun weekend!! On behalf of all the 125 vendors, thank you so much for coming out to the market and supporting our small businesses.
I can’t wait to see you!!
xo Leah xo