I am so excited for the next Olde Farmhouse Vintage Market on April 8 & 9th at the Tradex in Abbotsford, BC!! Over 90 vendors will be gathered to bring you some amazing, one of a kind finds! Over the next few weeks, take some time to browse the list of vendors (along the right hand side) and visit their sites. You will get a sneak peek at what they are working on for the spring market. It will be a great weekend to jump start your spring gardening, organizing your home and doing some spring time decorating! Stay tuned for some events leading up to the market…we will be having our legendary Facebook party as well as chances to win some fabulous prizes on Instagram!
Abbotsford, antiques, collectables, collectibles, Decorating, distressed, farmhouse, Flowers, furniture, jewelry, junking, junking journeys, Maple Ridge, painting, projects, re purpose, refurbished, rustic, rustic junk, shabby chic, shopping, Spring, Tradex, treasures, vendors, vintage, Vintage Market, wood
The weekend is almost here, so I thought it would be a good time to give you some tips for Junking at The Olde Farmhouse.
1. Gather your family & friends, it’s always fun to shop with someone!
2. Bring re-usable shopping bags. The Olde Farmhouse is all about re-using & re-cycling! If you purchase something big and bulky, most vendors are able to keep your purchases at their booth until you are done shopping. When I go junking, I like to snap pictures of the items I have bought and are leaving at a booth, so at the end of the day I can refresh my mind! Scroll through your pictures and make sure you have picked up everything.
3. Bring cash. Most vendors are cash sales only. Some do accept credit cards and there will be ATMs on site, just in case! Admission fee is cash only ($6 for one day or $8 for two) and exact change helps the line move faster 😉
4. Day 2 junking is as great as the first! Vendors usually restock and spotting that hidden treasure often happens on the second day! You can buy your 2 day junking pass for $8.
5. Bring a measuring tape & make notes of sizes and spaces at home that you are trying to find items for. You can never be too prepared!
6. The first 50 people in line on Saturday get a grab bag with some goodies! A little motivation to grab your coffee and get there early!!
7. The market gets quite busy, so if you are bringing your little one along with you it may be a good idea to leave the strollers at home. Strap that little munchkin to you and leave your hands free for grabbing those treasures!!
8. If you have loaded up on treasures that are heavy, you can drive your vehicle closer and load it up at the large item pick up. This is at the North West side of the building. Check your market map for the location.
9. If you found some treasures that you just can’t leave behind and you don’t have a vehicle large enough to take it home…we have the solution for you! Shop n Drop – Store to Door – Home Delivery Services will be waiting for your call! They will come to the market, load your purchase and deliver it to your home. All you have to do is call
604-518-3380 and for approximately $49.95 you don’t have to leave that treasure behind!!
10. All this junking can make you hungry! Tradex has their cafe services on site for you, to keep you fed and hydrated! (You can even purchase your parking pass from the cafe!) If you decide you want to take a break off site and then come back to the market, just get your hand stamped on the way out. The hand stamp also works for making those many trips to the car to unload your finds!
I hope these tips have helped you get prepared for this fun weekend!! On behalf of all the 125 vendors, thank you so much for coming out to the market and supporting our small businesses.
I can’t wait to see you!!
xo Leah xo
Abbotsford, antiques, Christmas, clothing, collectables, collectibles, Decorating, distressed, farmhouse, furniture, Holiday, jewelry, junking, lower mainland, market, painting, projects, re purpose, re purposed, refurbished, rustic, rustic junk, shabby chic, shop local, shopping, Tradex, treasures, vendors, vintage, Vintage Market, yvr
It’s that time of year again! The Olde Farmhouse Vintage Market is happening November 12 & 13th at the Tradex in Abbotsford, BC. There will be 125 vendors with some amazing treasures! It is the perfect opportunity to do a one stop shop for that perfect, one of a kind find. Come and spend the weekend with this group of talented vendors…you are sure to find something special for you, your home or for someone on your Christmas shopping list!
For more information you can always visit the Facebook Event page.
I will also be posting more information here, so make sure you keep checking back! In the mean time, start browsing through the vendor links along the right hand side of the page. You can start your wish list early!
Abbotsford, antiques, Christmas, collectables, collectibles, Decorating, distressed, farmhouse, furniture, Holiday, jewelry, junking, market, painting, projects, re purpose, refurbished, rustic, rustic junk, shabby chic, shopping, Tradex, treasures, vendors, vintage, Vintage Market
Wow! What a wonderful weekend at the Let’s Go Junking at The Olde Farmhouse! If you had a chance to stop by, you know just what I am talking about. The vendors spent countless hours preparing for this market and the end result was spectacular. Thank you to each of the farmhouse family vendors for creating an amazing shopping experience for our customers. You out did yourselves!
I would also like to extend a big thank you to all the customers who came to shop local. It is so much fun watching you find that perfect treasure, reliving memories, hanging out with family and friends…the whole weekend had a feeling of happiness and that has always been my goal with this market. Bringing people together for a weekend of fun.
I could never do this market without the support of my amazing family. My husband Tom and my children Spencer and Allison turn family holidays into junking trips and never seem to mind! The couple of weeks leading up to the market, they always do whatever they can to help out and deal with the craziness that consumes our house. I feel so lucky to have them by my side and appreciate all that they do to help make the weekend go by so flawlessly. I am one lucky wife and momma!!
Nothing can make a girl feel more special than to be surrounded by people she loves. This feeling overwhelms me at every market. Thank you never feels like enough, but it is a start! Barb, Dawn, Deanna, Jen, Dana, Glenn, Marcie, Hayley, Eileen, Melissa, Brad, Sheron, Robert, Leslie, Larry, Bertie, Sue and Leslie you guys are rock stars! You help the weekend unfold without a hitch and your smiles and help go a long way!
To my beautiful sister Tanya and niece Samantha, thanks for making the drive from Alberta to be with us. The market wouldn’t be the same without you there Tan, and I love that we have the joy of junking to share together! Life is short and being able to take these opportunities to keep creating memories together is what it’s all about!
Mom and Dad…thank you for being who you are. You support me unconditionally and always jump at the chance to help. You have been my role models all my life and I hope you know how grateful I am to have you as my parents.
So as another market wraps up there is only one thing left to do…start Junking for the next one!!! See you all November 12 and 13th for The Olde Farmhouse at Christmas!
Abbotsford, antiques, collectables, collectibles, Decorating, distressed, farmhouse, Flowers, furniture, jewelry, junking, market, painting, projects, re purpose, re purposed, refurbished, rustic, rustic junk, shabby chic, shopping, Spring, Tradex, treasures, vendors, vintage, Vintage Market
Let’s Go Junking at The Olde Farmhouse is only a few days away! I thought this would be a good time to fill you in on some market details and to give you some junking tips.
This is our second market at The Tradex in Abbotsford and this time another show ( Rigs & Rides http://www.rigsandrides.ca/) will be happening at the same time (A perfect show for the man in your life). The entrance to The Olde Farmhouse will be at the North end of Tradex. Rigs and Rides will be using the doors on the West side. Just watch for the signs or ask one of the traffic directors if you need help. We will be in Hall B, the back half of the building. You will be able to access the other show from the concession area if you would like to take in both events. They will have an admission set up so you won’t have to go around the outside of the building. Just make sure to get your hand stamped when you cross over to the other show…that way you can come back to The Olde Farmhouse!
Here is a little sneak peak at the market map and vendor list (click on the map to enlarge). You can grab your copy at the door when you come in!
Ok! Here we go…..
This may be your very first market or perhaps you are a market hopper…either way you need to be prepared for a fun day of JUNKING!!!
1. Load up your family and friends!! There is something for everyone at the market…and it’s always fun to shop with someone!!
2. Bring a large enough vehicle so you don’t have to leave a treasure or friend behind!!
3. Re-usable shopping bags! You can always make a few trips to the car as well We will also have large furniture pick up available at the back doors (the east side of the building). Just speak to the Olde Farmhouse helper who is stamping hands on the way out and they can help you find it
4. If you are bringing a little one along this is a great time to strap them to you! You will want to leave those strollers behind, as the market gets VERY busy and it makes it hard to move a stroller through the aisles and booths. Take a look at the crowds at the November market!
5. CASH!! Most vendors are cash sales only. However, some vendors are now able to accept a credit card. There will be ATM’s on site just in case! Another little tip…if you have the correct change ($5 or $8) ready at the admission, it helps make the line go quicker 😉
6. Day 2 of junking is as great as the first! Don’t hesitate to come back on the second day…vendors restock and sometimes a second (third, fourth, fifth, lol) walk around is what you need to find that hidden treasure! You can buy your two day Junking pass for $8!
7. HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE HUNT!! You never know what’s going to catch your eye…but if you see something you love…don’t hesitate! I have had some wonderful treasures scooped up right before my eyes! lol
8. Bring a measuring tape and make some notes of sizes/spaces at home that you are trying to find items for. Sometimes I get so excited looking at everything that I forget what I was originally looking for! Yep, junking can be overwhelming and exciting! I usually have a “wish list” on my phone, wall or cabinet space measurements, etc. You can never be too prepared!
9. The first 50 people in line on Saturday get a grab bag with some goodies! A little motivation to grab your coffee and get there early!!
I hope you have an amazing time this weekend at The Olde Farmhouse! Thanks for shopping local and for joining us in the joy of Junking!! We look forward to seeing you!!
Abbotsford, antiques, collectables, collectibles, Decorating, distressed, Flowers, furmiture, furniture, junking, junking journeys, market, painting, projects, re purpose, re purposed, refurbished, rustic, rustic junk, shabby chic, shopping, Spring, Tradex, treasures, vendors, vintage, Vintage Market, wood
Follow The Olde Farmhouse
The Olde FarmhouseHi!! I am Leah Faulkner and I LOVE things that are rusty, dented, roughed up, and well loved!! I have been collecting farmhouse treasures during road trips to Spokane, checking out garage sales, and rooting through all the wonderful funky junk left on the side of the road. Back at home, I pull it all together and those new finds become treasures in the homes of clients, friends, and family!! My husband, Tom, has also been part of my “junking” journeys. I could not be doing this without his love and support, not to mention the extra arms to carry things. I have taken my love of all things antique, collectible and useable and are holding a Vintage Market in June 2012. This Market will be the go-to place for finding unique items from all over. Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting. Follow me on my adventures by coming back to read my Blog or Follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. I welcome your comments and participation.
- February 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- November 2015
- September 2015
- May 2015
- February 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- April 2014
- January 2014
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
TagsAbbotsford antiques applications cabinet cece caldwell ce ce cauldwell chalkboard paint Christmas clothing collectables collectibles Decorating distressed Eggs farmhouse Flowers furmiture furniture Holiday jewelry jewlery junking junking journeys Maple Ridge market mirror painting projects refurbished re purpose re purposed rustic rustic junk shabby chic shopping Spring table Tradex treasures vendors vintage Vintage Market wood wood door wood shed