Let’s Go Junking at The Olde Farmhouse is only a few days away! I thought this would be a good time to fill you in on some market details and to give you some junking tips.
This is our second market at The Tradex in Abbotsford and this time another show ( Rigs & Rides http://www.rigsandrides.ca/) will be happening at the same time (A perfect show for the man in your life). The entrance to The Olde Farmhouse will be at the North end of Tradex. Rigs and Rides will be using the doors on the West side. Just watch for the signs or ask one of the traffic directors if you need help. We will be in Hall B, the back half of the building. You will be able to access the other show from the concession area if you would like to take in both events. They will have an admission set up so you won’t have to go around the outside of the building. Just make sure to get your hand stamped when you cross over to the other show…that way you can come back to The Olde Farmhouse!
Here is a little sneak peak at the market map and vendor list (click on the map to enlarge). You can grab your copy at the door when you come in!
Ok! Here we go…..
This may be your very first market or perhaps you are a market hopper…either way you need to be prepared for a fun day of JUNKING!!!
1. Load up your family and friends!! There is something for everyone at the market…and it’s always fun to shop with someone!!
2. Bring a large enough vehicle so you don’t have to leave a treasure or friend behind!!
3. Re-usable shopping bags! You can always make a few trips to the car as well We will also have large furniture pick up available at the back doors (the east side of the building). Just speak to the Olde Farmhouse helper who is stamping hands on the way out and they can help you find it
4. If you are bringing a little one along this is a great time to strap them to you! You will want to leave those strollers behind, as the market gets VERY busy and it makes it hard to move a stroller through the aisles and booths. Take a look at the crowds at the November market!
5. CASH!! Most vendors are cash sales only. However, some vendors are now able to accept a credit card. There will be ATM’s on site just in case! Another little tip…if you have the correct change ($5 or $8) ready at the admission, it helps make the line go quicker 😉
6. Day 2 of junking is as great as the first! Don’t hesitate to come back on the second day…vendors restock and sometimes a second (third, fourth, fifth, lol) walk around is what you need to find that hidden treasure! You can buy your two day Junking pass for $8!
7. HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE HUNT!! You never know what’s going to catch your eye…but if you see something you love…don’t hesitate! I have had some wonderful treasures scooped up right before my eyes! lol
8. Bring a measuring tape and make some notes of sizes/spaces at home that you are trying to find items for. Sometimes I get so excited looking at everything that I forget what I was originally looking for! Yep, junking can be overwhelming and exciting! I usually have a “wish list” on my phone, wall or cabinet space measurements, etc. You can never be too prepared!
9. The first 50 people in line on Saturday get a grab bag with some goodies! A little motivation to grab your coffee and get there early!!
I hope you have an amazing time this weekend at The Olde Farmhouse! Thanks for shopping local and for joining us in the joy of Junking!! We look forward to seeing you!!